Wednesday 1 July 2009

CLASSWORK: iWEBEXPERIENCE !

The use of iWeb in class has mixed feelings from me. The layouts of the webpage and some of the things you can produce with the program are nice, but I just feel that a lot of the tools are just to basic, and that you are limited to what you can produce with it. Also, compared to other programs or hosts online (such as Blogspot, Livejournal etc.) it takes a lot longer to produce something you are happy with, whilst on the latter its very simple. Although I have a lot of HTML and web-making experience, I generally dislike the program because of how easy it is and the limitations within it. I mean you can download files such as images and videos (which is something that iWeb lacks; premade matieral for if you wish to mess around with the program) onto your page. Some of the pro's of the program though, are that you can create a webpage or a blog with it. It would take a lot of work, but having that freedom is quite nice, compared to Blogspot in which you can only create a blog. Its also possible to upload Podcasts, videos, images, flash products and even more, which is quite good as you have some range of freedom on the items physically used on your webpage. Although I have not had much time on the iWeb program, I think I will practise with the program some more to see if I can change my opinion of it.

No comments: